Basic requirements for youth wishing to attend the Istrouma Area Council NYLT training course.
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record Form parts A, B, and C.
- Scouts within a troop must be 13 years of age and have completed the 8th grade and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program registration. They must be a First Class Scout and have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Scouts within Venturing and Sea Scouts must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation. (Enter the name of the approving unit leader in the "Event Registration Notes" field.)
When: Sunday, May 28, 2023, through June 2, 2023.
Fees: Early registration (until December 31, 2022) is $200. On-time registration (January 1, 2023 to March 31, 2023) is $250. Late fee registration (April 1, 2023 to April 30, 2023) is $275. NYLT is limited to 48 participants! Registration for adult and youth staff must be approved by Stephen Davidson before registration.
Location: Avondale Scout Reservation, 14433 Hwy 10 East, Clinton, La. 70722
|Council Refund Policy||Download|