Silver Beaver Award
The highest award that a local council can give to a volunteer Scout Leader for service to youth.
Of the hundreds of awards that are presented each year, the Silver Beaver is the highest and most prestigious honor awarded to a volunteer by a local council. As a movement whose leadership is overwhelmingly volunteer, the Boy Scouts of America recognizes the need to acknowledge those individuals who truly go above and beyond to guarantee the availability of a quality Scouting program. Please consider nominating a dedicated Scouter that has influenced the program of Scouting in your area for this award.
When nominating a Scouter for this honor in the Istrouma Area Council, please consider the following:
- This award is made for noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth by registered BSA adult volunteers within the Istrouma Area Council
- Service of a non-Scouting nature is also a considered during the evaluation process
- Nominations must be submitted only on the Istrouma Area Council Nomination Form.
- The Istrouma Area Council recognizes and truly appreciates the dedication of over 3,000 Scouters accross the 13 parrishes we represent, however, we are limited by National BSA protocol as to the number of Silver Beaver Awards that can be presented.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a volunteer committee
Click here to view a list of prior Silver Beaver Award winners.
North Star Award
Equivelent to the Silver Beaver Award, The North Star Award may be presented to nonregistered Scouters who have made significant contributions to Scouting. Click here to download the nomination form.
Whitney M. Young, Jr. Award
The Whitney M. Young, Jr. Award is presented to volunteers or organizations who have made an outstanding contribution in implementing Scouting opportunities for rural or low-income youth. Click here to download the nomination form.
District Award of Merit
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts in the same manner that the Silver Beaver is a national award presented by councils. The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. Click here for a nomination form.