Cub Scout - Webelos Resident Camp
July 3rd – 8th – Webelos & AOL’s
July 6th – 8th – Cub Scouts (Tigers, Wolves, & Bears)
Registration and Camp Fees
Registration for camp will be “on-line” only at www.iacbsa.org. The 2017 Resident Camp fees are $250.00 for Webelos and AOL’s, $100.00 for Cub Scouts, and $80.00 for Adults. Please register as a Pack, not as individuals.
Adult/Parent Pre-Camp Meeting and Orientation
There will be a pre camp leaders meetings & parent orientation on Thursday, June 8th at 7pm & Saturday, June 10th at 10am to give leaders and parents a chance to find out more information about our camp programs, take a tour of the camp and review important information to make your stay at camp a comfortable and enjoyable experience. The meeting will be held at Camp McGee on the Avondale Scout Reservation. It is VERY inportant that a representative from your pack attends one of these meetings.
A limited number of Camperships are available each year for Scouts registered in the Istrouma Area Council. They may be requested for those youth who desire to attend camp whose families may be experiencing hardships. Camperships are approved on an individual basis and provide up to 50% of a Scouts registration fee if approved. Units should plan to aid Scouts prior to camp through fundraisers and should participate in the council popcorn and camp card fundraising campaigns. An application for Camperships is located on the council web page. Applications must be received in the Istrouma Area Council office by May 24, 2017 along with 50% registration fee.
Check In Procedures
- Resident Camp will be held in the Camp McGee area of the Avondale Scout Reservation. Participants should enter through the gate, located on Louisiana Highway 63.
For GPS, use the following address: 6801 Louisiana 63, Clinton, LA
- Plan to arrive at Camp at 10:00 am on July 3rd for Webelos and AOL’s and 10:00 am on July 6th for Tigers, Wolves, and Bears. You will be given directions to your campsite where you can drop your personal gear.
- Once unloaded, all vehicles must be moved to the designated parking area.
- Camp staff members will be in the campsite area to assist with unloading and camp set up.
- Campers will be directed to camp headquarters (HQ) – pavilion at Camp McGee for check in. Please have the following items available at check-in:
- Complete roster of all campers and adults including names of adults staying with unit full-time and part-time
- The statement of fees paid you received from the Council service center, and balance of fees, if any due. Camper fees MUST be paid at this time.
- Health forms. A qualified health officer will review the medical forms. All campers (youth and adult) must have a completed medical form (staying less than 72 hours – parts A & B, staying over 72 hours – parts A, B, & C). Please bring all medications in their original containers with clearly written directions.
- At 11:30 am there will be an adult meeting at camp HQ. During that time, camp staff members will take the scouts on a guided tour of camp.
Special Diets & Needs
In addition to the regular menu, and at no cost to you, we are prepared to serve food for the following special diets: Peanut Allergy, Fiber, Vegetarian, and Celiac conditions.
Anyone with special dietary needs or needing other accommodations (ie - electricity for CPAP, special transportation, etc) should complete and submit a Special Needs form to the Camp Director at the Council Office at least two weeks prior to your arrival at camp.
Webelos Dens 2017
McGee Gunslingers, Spider Ninjas, Swamp Monkeys, Fire Breathing Battle Snake and Arrow Breathing Dragons.