Istrouma Area Council Policies
KEEPING YOU AWARE
YOUR INFORMATION – WHAT WE COLLECT
Instances in which your information may be collected:
- If you e-mail us or fill out an online form requesting information or materials from our organization
- If you subscribe to an online subscription such as an email newsletter or email network.
- If you make a donation via online, mail, telephone or at an event.
The online information we collect from you may include your name, address, city, state, zip, telephone number(s), email address, and when making a donation, a credit card number and expiration date.
In order to improve and enhance our online services, we may also periodically ask you to provide voluntary information such as testimonials, contact preferences, online suggestions, or information regarding your demographical information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information is used to benefit your involvement in Scouting:
- Enabling you to complete a transaction online
- Issuing you an income tax receipt for your donation
- Updating you on giving and volunteer opportunities
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
IAC will never sell, rent, lease or exchange your personal information with other organizations. The identity of all who contact us through our website is kept confidential. Use of your information is restricted to persons employed or contracted by IAC who agree to abide by our pledge of confidentiality.
IAC makes every effort to ensure the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
IAC uses Internet encryption software, Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Any information you enter is encrypted at your browser, sent over the public Internet in encrypted form, then tokenized to permanently remove access to your credit card information in our database. YOS adheres to the PCI Security Standards.
REMOVING YOUR NAME FROM OUR MAILING LIST
You can be removed from any future communications from our organization or simply reduce the amount of communication you are receiving by calling us at 225-926-2697.
If you determine that information in our database is inaccurate or it has changed, you can modify your personal information by calling us at 225-926-2697.
Pennington Scout Service Center
9644 Brookline Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809
When IAC requests confidential information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we use a certified and encrypted technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This technology has proven itself over the years to be safe. You will know you’re on a secure page, because the web address will begin with "https://" rather than "http://" You may also receive a message and/or see a lock symbol to let you know you are on a secure page. If you’re not on a secure page, you’ll be notified with an error message.
When you give information on a secure page:
- Your information is encrypted at your browser on these safe pages.
- It is then sent over the public Internet in encrypted form.
- Then tokenized to permanently remove access to your credit card in our database.
- IAC adheres to the PCI Security Standards.
TERMS and CONDITIONS
You agree that your use of the Web site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time and from time to time; the date of the most recent changes or revisions will appear on this page. Continued access to the IAC web site by you will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Agreement. If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, please do not use this web site.
The materials contained on the web site are provided by IAC as a service to you for your use on an "as is, as available" basis. You acknowledge that you are using the web site at your own risk. IAC assumes no responsibility for error or omissions in these materials. IAC makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. IAC makes no, and expressly disclaims any and all, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the web site, including without limitation the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of text, graphics, links, products and services, and other items accessed from or via the Web site, or that the Web site will be uninterrupted, error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. No advice or information given by IAC or any other party on the web site shall create any warranty or liability.
DONATIONS REFUND POLICY
All gifts are final and no refunds are provided.
REGISTRATION & REFUND POLICY FOR COUNCIL & DISTRICT EVENTS
The following policy statement is applicable to all Council and District events where a fee is collected. This includes such events as Day Camps, Cub Resident Camp, Summer Camp, Winter Camp, training courses, camporees, etc.
- All requests must be in writing (email is acceptable). Correspondence should be addressed to the Scout Executive.
- Written refund requests will be considered only if received in the Pennington Scout Center ten (10) days prior to the start of the event.
- Written refund requests submitted after the event will be considered only for personal illness or family emergencies. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the close of the event.
- A service charge of twenty-five percent (25%) of the full activity fee will be assessed on all refunds.
- Refund checks will be issued within 30 days following the close of the event.
- Fees are only transferable within the same unit to a Scout not currently registered for the event.