University of Scouting @ Pisachi 2023
Focus of Pisachi Trade School
The purpose of the Pisachi Trade School is to help encourage our adult leaders to learn scout skills in such a way they can teach it to the youth in their unit and to other adults. This is both a classroom and outdoor experience. Some of the classes will be taught outside, much in the same way we want our Scouts to learn on their Scouting journey. Pisachi Trade School is about adults teaching other adults how to teach Scouts.
Class Selection and Pre-Requisites
Minimum age 18 years; currently registered adult with the BSA for all sessions. Note: all other courses are for adults, please do not bring your youth to this event.
There are four (4) class periods of 1 hour and 45 minutes each, with a 15-minute break between periods to allow for travel between classes. Descriptions of the classes, the required materials, and instructor contact information are listed for each class. Note a few classes may have additional costs (i.e. Cooking and Eating on the Trail). If you have class-specific questions, please contact the instructor.
A Scout is Prepared! Please pay attention to the materials needed for your course and bring them with you. On Tuesday, March 21, or Wednesday, March 22, we will send out a reminder of the materials needed for your class. You are responsible for bringing these items to class. This is different from previous adult training where materials are provided upon arrival.
Uniform and What to Bring/Supplies
- Activity Uniform ("Class B") will be worn for the entire event. Do not wear your Field Uniform (“Class A”).
- Please do not wear open-toed shoes and no sandals/crocs. Tennis shoes or boots are best when participating in Scouting activities.
- Pay attention to the weather and bring the appropriate gear.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Some classes may require you to bring extra items (i.e. compass, knife, etc.), so consult the class-specific email(s) sent you to prior to Pisachi.
- Bring a copy of your completed BSA medical form, Parts A and B.
- Bring a copy of your completed BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist - Fillable.
- Seating will be available when instruction is inside a classroom. For sessions outdoors, you may want to bring your own camp chair.
Course Date: March 25, 2023
Course Fee: On-time registration fees are $18.00 per person for participants and for staff $7, with lunch included. Some of the classes have additional fees. They are noted both in this guide and on the registration site.
|Schedule for the Day|
|7:30 am – 8:15 am||Registration|
|8:15 am||Flag Ceremony|
|8:30 am - 10:15 am||Class Period 1|
|10:30 am - 12:15 pm||Class Period 2|
|12:30 pm - 1:30 pm||Lunch (Included in the Fee)|
|1:30 pm - 2:45 pm||Class Period 3|
|3:00 pm - 4:30 pm||Class Period 4|
|4:45 p.m.||Closing Flag Ceremony|