University of Scouting @ Pisachi
Focus of Pisachi Trade School
The purpose of the Pisachi Trade School is to help encourage our adult leaders to learn scout skills in such a way they can teach it to the youth in their unit and to other adults. This is both a classroom and outdoor experience. Some of the classes will be taught outside, much in the same way we want our Scouts to learn on their Scouting journey. Pisachi Trade School is about adults teaching other adults how to teach Scouts.
Class Selection and Pre-Requisites
Minimum age 18 years; current registered adult with the BSA for all sessions other than the Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troop (ILST). Note: all other courses are for the adults, please do not bring your youth to this event.
There are four (4) class periods of 1 hour and 45 minutes each, with a 15-minute break between periods to allow for travel between classes. Descriptions of classes, required materials, and instructor contact information is listed for each class. Note a few classes may have additional costs (i.e. Cooking and Eating on the Trail). If you have class specific questions, please contact the instructor.
A Scout is Prepared! Please pay attention to the materials needed for your course and bring with you.
You are responsible for bringing these items to class. This is different from previous adult training where materials are provided upon arrival.
Uniform and What to Bring/Supplies
- Activity Uniform ("Class B") will be worn for the entire event. Do not wear your Field Uniform (“Class A”).
- Please do not wear open toed shoes and no sandals/crocs. Tennis shoes or boots are best when participating in Scouting activities.
- Pay attention to the weather and bring the appropriate gear.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Some classes may require you to bring extra items (i.e. compass, knife, etc.), so consult the class specific email(s) sent you to prior to Pisachi.
- Bring a copy of your BSA medical form, Parts A and B.
- Bring the completed printouts at the end of this guide.
- Seating will be available when instruction is inside in a classroom. For sessions outdoors, you may want to bring your own camp chair.
Course Date: January 22, 2022 7:00am - 5:00pm
Course Fee: $15.00
Schedule for the Day
- 7:15 a.m. Check-in
- 7:45 a.m. Flag Ceremony
- 8:00 a.m. Class period 1
- 10:00 a.m. Class period 2
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch (Lunch is included with fee)
- 12:45 p.m. Class period 3
- 2:45 p.m. Class period 4
- 4:45 p.m. Closing Ceremony
- 5:00 p.m. Dismiss