2021 Pisachi Trade School
Focus of Pisachi Trade School
The purpose of the Pisachi Trade School is to help encourage our adult leaders to learn scout skills in such a way they can teach it to the youth in their unit and to other adults. This is not a classroom experience, we will be learning in the outdoors, much in the same way we want our Scouts to learn on their Scouting journey. Pisachi Trade School is about adults teaching other adults how to teach Scouts.
Class Selection and Pre-Requisites
Minimum age 18 years; current registered adult with the BSA. Note: this is an adult only event, do not bring your Scout.
There are four (4) class periods of 1 hour and 45 minutes each, with a 15-minute break between periods to allow for travel between classes. Descriptions of classes, required materials, and instructor contact information is listed for each class. Note a few classes may have additional costs (i.e. Cooking and Eating on the Trail). If you have class specific questions, please contact the instructor.
A Scout is Prepared! Please pay attention to the materials needed for your course and bring with you. Tuesday, April 13 or Wednesday, April 14, we will send out a reminder of the materials needed for your class.
You are responsible for bringing these items to class. This is different from previous adult training where materials are provided upon arrival.
Uniform and What to Bring/Supplies
- Activity Uniform ("Class B") will be worn for the entire event. Do not wear your Field Uniform ("Class A")
- No open toed shoes are alloed on Camp and no sandals/crocs. Tennis shoes or boots are best when walking around camp.
- Pay attention to the weather and bring the appropriate gear.
- Bring a resusable water bottle (water stations provided at various locations) to stay hydrated.
- Some classes may require you to bring extra items (i.e. compass, knife, etc.), so consult the class specific email(s) sent to you prior to Pisachi.
- Bring a copy of your BSA medical form, Parts A and B.
- Bring the completed printouts at the end of the participant guide.
- Seating will be available in most areas; however, you may want to bring your own camp chair.
Schedule for the Day
- 6:30 a.m. Camp open for parking and arrival
- 7:00 a.m. Check-in
- 7:45 a.m. Flag Ceremony
- 8:00 a.m. Class period 1
- 10:00 a.m. Class period 2
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch (Lunch is included with fee)
- 12:45 p.m. Class period 3
- 2:45 p.m. Class period 4
- 4:45 p.m. Closing Ceremony
- 5:00 p.m. Dismiss
Click here to download the Class Schedule
Click here to download the Trade School Guide