Join us for Scouting's flagship on-of-a-kind event at Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia.
National Jamboree is a gathering of tens of thousands of Scouts, leaders, and Jamboree Service Team members that showcases everything that is great about the Boy Scouts of America. Over the course of 10 summer days, once every four years, the Boy Scouts of America gathers together. Scouts and Scouters who attend will explore all kinds of adventures—stadium shows, pioneer village, Mount Jack hikes, adventure sports and more—in the heart of one of nature’s greatest playgrounds. With 10,000 acres at the Summit to explore, there’s no shortage of opportunities to build Scouting memories.
National Jamboree is the best of Scouting rolled into 10 days of friends, fun and adventure! You won’t want to miss out, get ready to Face the Challenge and sign up to attend the Jamboree!
IAC Contingent Travel - July 17 - 29, 2023
$2.500 covers National Jamboree fee, transportation and meals to and from the Summit, meals at Jamboree, name plates, unit patches, tents, cots, trainings, group photo, etc. The Council portion of the fee covers all costs from when leaving Baton Rouge until your return. It does not include souvenirs or snacks.
Scouts BSA and Venturers - Apply Now!
The 2023 National Scout Jamboree will be held at the BSA high adventure base, The Summit, in West Virginia from July 19, through July 28, 2023. The Istrouma Area Council (IAC) is planning to send a contingent of Scouts BSA and Venturing youth. The current plans call for the contingent to leave the evening of Monday, July 17, and return on Saturday, July 29, 2023. (If these dates adjust, the website will be updated.)
SCOUTS BSA YOUTH QUALIFICATIONS
- Scouts must have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA troop.
- Must be at least a First Class Scout.
- Must be at least 12 years of age on or before the first day of the Jamboree.. Scouts must not have reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the jamboree.
VENTURING YOUTH QUALIFICATIONS
- Crew members must have a current BSA membership with a Venturing crew.
- Must have graduated the 8th grade or be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the jamboree, but must not have reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the jamboree.
FOR ALL SCOUTS AND VENTURERS
- Be approved by their unit leader and the Istrouma Area Council Jamboree Committee.
- Participate in pre-jamboree training experience (typically 1 day activity.)
- Have filed a Jamboree Personal Health and Medical record with the Istrouma Area Council Jamboree Committee before the pre-jamboree training.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law and the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
1) Select the registration button below to be part of the Istrouma Area Council contingent. There is a "male" contingent and a "female" contingent, register accordingly. The $500 deposit is due in July upon registration. Monthly, afterwards, a payment of $200 is required from August, 2022 through May, 2023. (Total travel and jamboree cost $2,500, including deposit.)
2) Register online at National Jamboree, CLICK HERE
|Council Refund Policy||Download|