2023 LSU Merit Badge Day
Merit Badge Day will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2023, on the LSU Campus. The check-in location will be in the Arcade (Breezeway) in the LSU Quad on the North Side of Coates Hall. The event is open to all Scouts BSA. Come out and have a day of enjoyment while working on merit badges. Some merit badges are all day while some are only 2 or 4 hours. Please make note of these times. In some instances, the Scout may be able to take up to three merit badges. Check-in will be from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. Classes will begin at 8:30 a.m. Lunch will be from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Scouts taking Environmental Science will be going to the LSU Lakes as part of their class. A permission slip is needed giving permission for the Scouts to do this activity off-campus.
Scouts BSA Registration
- The cost is $35.00, lunch included.
- Pre-registration is required in order to have proper staffing. Registration is done only online see below. No registration will be accepted at the door.
- On-time registration deadline is March 15, 2023.
- Late registration runs from March 16, 2023, to March 22, 2023. There is a cost increase to $45.00.
- The final deadline to register for Merit Badge day is March 22, 2023.
- Since some merit badges will be more popular, they will be on a first-paid, first-served basis. You are requested to not put classes in your cart and then not pay for them that day.
- Please make sure that your Scout reads this information as well as the merit badge pamphlet.
- Some of the merit badges will not be able to be completed on this day.
- If anyone requires accommodation, please specify (seating, enlarged handouts, etc.).
If you plan on staying and would like lunch with the Scouts, please register. The cost for adults is $15.00.
PLEASE register on the link below and register as "Staff" so we can make sure we have lunch for you. The cost for lunch is $7.00.
Annual Health and Medical Record should be filled out and remain with the scout.
The BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist - Fillable (see link below) needs to be completed and turned in at check-in.
Parents - There are vending machines available, however, there is NOT a change machine available. Please send single dollar bills or coins or a charge card with your Scout if they wish to purchase items from the vending machines.
All Scouts need to obtain the Merit Badge Book and read it before coming to the class(es). Please download the Merit Badge worksheet from USSCOUTS.org
|2023 LSU Merit Badge Day Courses Offered and Pre-Requisites||Download|
|ACTIVITY CONSENT FORM AND APPROVAL BY PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIAN||Download|
|BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist - Fillable||Update 3/2022; Posted 9/2022||Download|
|Council Refund Policy||Download|
|LSU Allen Hall||Download|
|LSU Coates Hall||Download|
|LSU Quad Map||Download|