2017 National Scout Jamboree
Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia
July 19 - 28, 2017
For the Istrouma Area Council (IAC)
2017 National Jamboree Contingent
Registration is now open online and by application for BSA’s premier event, the 2017 National Scout Jamboree at The Summit, BSA’s high adventure base in West Virginia. Scouts can choose mountain biking/boarding, zip-lining, white-water rafting, BMX, shooting sports, scuba and other aquatics, climbing/repelling, and much more. Enjoy exhibits, patch trading, and exciting arena shows with 50,000 of your closest friends. The 2017 National Jamboree, home of everything scouting.
IAC Contingent Travel
July 17-29, 2017
The 2017 National Scout Jamboree will be held at the BSA high adventure base, The Summit, in West Virginia from July 19, through July 28, 2017. The Istrouma Area Council (IAC) is planning to send a contingent of Boy Scouts and coed Venturing youth. Plans call for the contingent to leave the evening of Monday, July 17, and return on Saturday, July 29, 2017.
The IAC is now seeking youth applicants to be a part of its 2017 jamboree contingent. The selected jamboree Boy Scouts and Venturing youth will travel by motor coach to the jamboree led by a team of adult leaders. Don’t let your scout miss this once every four year scouting event. Sign up today!
BOY SCOUT YOUTH QUALIFICATIONS
- Boy Scouts must have a current BSA membership with a Boy Scout troop.
- Must be at least a First Class Scout.
- Must be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade. Scouts must not have reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the jamboree.
VENTURING YOUTH QUALIFICATIONS
- Crew members must have a current BSA membership with a Venturing crew.
- Must have graduated the 8th grade or be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the jamboree, but must not have reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the jamboree.
- Crew will be coed including Advisors (leaders).
FOR ALL BOY SCOUTS AND VENTURERS
- Be approved by their unit leader and the Istrouma Area Council Jamboree Committee.
- Participate in pre-jamboree training experience.
- Have filed a Jamboree Personal Health and Medical record with the Istrouma Area council jamboree committee before the pre-jamboree training.
- Live by the Scout Oath and Law and the Jamboree Code of Conduct
1) Complete and submit to Scout Office an Istrouma Area Council 2017 National Jamboree Boy Scout, Venturing Application and Contract along with $250 deposit. (Total travel and jamboree cost $1,825, including deposit.)
2) Register online at National Jamboree at
CLICK HERE to Download IAC 2017 National Jamboree
Boy Scout and Venturing Application and Contract
|Youth Application 2017 Jamboree||Download|